Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Everyday Detox Go-To











Ok, so… confession time. I am seriously addicted to this detox water. Like, total junkie status. I'm talking the second I wake 
up every morning, this water is the first thing on my mind. Not only is it completely rejuvenating and refreshing, but (because 
I don't drink coffee) this is my go-to "caffeine" Actually, it's wayyyy better than caffeine. It's like caffeine on steroids mixed with a 
ton of things that are kind of amazing for your body. Ready to ditch the latte yet? 
Anyways, the ingredients are super simple. All you need is 8 ounces of room temperature water, the juice of 1 lemon, 
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, and 1 tbsp. grade B organic maple syrup - I usually find this at WholeFoods. Then you just mix it up, 
drink it down and reap the benefits! What exactly are the benefits? Well… lemons help to balance the pH levels in our bodies 
(aka they're alkaline), they also help with digestion and increase your energy levels - caffeine who?? The cayenne pepper is this 
little concoctions secret weapon. This is what kickstarts the detoxification process and also has anti-everything properties
(cold, headache,…) you can see the list here. The maple syrup provides antioxidants, vitamins and minerals (Grade B is supposedly 
richer in minerals than Grade A) AND the entire drink promotes healthy skin. I mean… I can't. It's perfection in a glass.
I've even been known to substitute my pre-workout supplement once or twice for this gem of a drink just because of how awesome 
it makes me feel. I would highly recommend giving it a try!

(**side note: if your planning on drinking this often, you definitely want to invest in 
a glass straw or two so the acid doesn't wear the enamel on your pearly whites!!**)

Xx, Allie 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS