Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding








So chia seeds are kinda my obsession right now. Like, they're my thing lately. I've even been planning my meals according to what I can sprinkle a little chia on top of (Which is EVERYTHING so meal prep hasn't really been that hard) But if you do not know what chia seeds are, you're about to become just as obsessed. They're these tiny little black(ish?) seeds that oddly enough are super high in fiber and have a solid amount of protein. And they're sooooo versatile! I sprinkle them over my eggs, on my oatmeal, throw them into my morning smoothie, anything to give my meals that extra healthy boost. And then I discovered you can make pudding with them. That's right. Super healthy and super delicious pudding!! Awesome for breakfast, great for dessert, or even just a yummy snack.

Ingredients
1 cup almond milk
1 cup low fat greek yogurt
2 tbsp grade B maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup chia seeds
raspberries
almonds slices
(about 4 servings)

Directions
So all you have to do is mix everything except for the raspberries and almonds together in a bowl, cover the bowl in plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator over night. Done! Once you're ready to eat it you can simply put it in a bowl with some raspberries and almonds slivers and call it a day. I decided to make these cute little stackables instead! I just alternated layers of chia pudding and raspberries than topped it off with more raspberries and a sprinkle of sliced almonds and extra cinnamon for garnish. So easy, so delicious. Enjoy!

Xx, Allie


Recipe adapted from Simply Happenstance

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS